Thursday 15 March 2007

Sending Message...

Sending Message...


Sending Failed, message Barred.



I'm right pissed off at the moment. I can't text Belinda, can't use the internet and can't even find out why my mobile is being a maliglant little shitter.



Earlier today the Red Fort of Agra, which was similar to the Red Fort in Delhi was our chosen destination. Agra Fort surpasses Delhi because of the commanding view, across the Yamuna river, of the Taj Mahal. when visiting these places I am amazed at the amount of work that went into building them. Really puts the castles back home to shame. After the Fort a quick one hour mooch around the bazaar was in order. As well as searching for gifts I had promised my sister I would buy her some fabrics. After pricing a few Saris, Sarongs and whatever else was thrown my way I had to leave for lunch.



View of Taj Mahal form Agra Fort.


Lunch consisted of a Thali; a gorgeous dish that consists of nine small portions of Indian cuisine at a rock bottom price of Rs25.



The Jama Masjid mosque is located slap bang in the middle of this bazaar so after lunch it got a brief inspection. It would have been nice to look around longer but our guide spent more time asking, well, pressuring, for donations rather than show us around.



Paul at the Jama Masjid Mosque



Telecommunications in Agra are not that reliable, just like the electricity it seems to operate as and when it chooses. Cutting me off halfway through a Skype call to Belinda annoyed me enough but to them refuse to let me text while having full network coverage took the cookies. Instead of getting to pissed off with this, and accepting it as part of the travelling experience, I decided to get pissed instead; picking up 3 large bottles of kingfisher to take back to my room.

No comments: